There are so many reasons to teach for Lessons In Your Home and it’s hard to narrow it down to just a few. A recent survey of our current staff identified the top ten reasons our teachers love being a part of our team.
After reading the list you may be thinking, “Sign Me Up!” Simply click this link and complete the online form. A local director will contact you with further information.
10. Flexibility – the ability to choose when and where you’ll teach, and how far you’ll drive.
9. Teach Your Way – You choose the methods that work best for you and your LIYH students. There are so many different and effective ways to teach music and we know you teach best using the ones you’re most comfortable with.
8. Weekly Pay – Our online app makes it easy to enter your hours and get paid every week.
7. We Handle Policies and Payment – Never worry about cancellations or make-up lessons. Our policies have the teacher in mind.
6. Four Holiday Weeks Per Year – Our schedule has four weeks each year when no lessons are held. This gives you time off to enjoy with family and friends when it counts.
5. Continuing Education – We offer workshops and educational opportunities throughout the year to help you be the best teacher you can be. Last year, our continuing education helped our teachers increase their student retention by an average of 10%.
4. Easy To Use Online Portal – Working in our MyLessons platform makes it easy to record the details of every lesson, keep all your student’s information in one place and get paid.
3. Great Pay – We offer a very competitive hourly rate. Most of our teachers say, “That’s what I was making on my own and now I don’t have to collect money or deal with policies”.
2. Local Leadership – Our local Director will be your boss and mentor. He or she lives in your city and is just a phone call away to answer your questions or help in any way.
1. Great Students and Families – Our families and students are the best! Current teachers often comment about the quality of students our school attracts, using words like, fun, friendly and dedicated to describe them. With Lessons In Your Home, you can feel good about teaching adults and children of all ages, levels and abilities. We’ve been a music school since 1997 and still have some of our original families taking lessons with us.
So, what are you waiting for? We’re looking for fun and friendly teachers with a great attitude who want to make an impact on music students’ lives. If you are a professional musician, have a music degree, or teaching experience and reliable transportation, APPLY NOW.